Power UP: Activate Your 12 Spiritual Powers
Text: Your God-Given Potential by Winifred Wilkinson Hausmann
POWER UP #2: LOVE!
Scripture: John 17:23 “I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one…”
Goal: Build a bridge of love from where you are to a deeper place in God.
- Pier 1: Interest — Give your interest to God and to finding God in our world.
- Pier 2: Acquaintance — Let your increased interest lead to a deeper search for personal knowledge of Spirit through prayer.
- Pier 3: Affection — Affection is the budding idea of love that survives closer acquaintance.
- Pier 4: Attraction — The love power functions like a magnet, drawing us deeper and ever deeper into the mysterious activity of love.
- Pier 5: Love — We are so in tune with love that we see good everywhere, even in appearances which seem to deny it.
- Pier 6: Identification — We feel ourselves a part of God.
- Pier 7: At-one-ment — We feel ourselves merge into the Great All. We move from having and doing to simply being.
Download your Soul Work
[google-drive-embed url=”https://drive.google.com/a/upchurch.org/uc?id=0B8oSAR_7BaDNcFlDTXhIV01Uckk&export=download” title=”Power UP Soul Work – LOVE.pdf” icon=”https://drive-thirdparty.googleusercontent.com/16/type/application/pdf” plain=”yes” style=”download”]
Download the chapter on Faith from Your God-Given Potential.
[google-drive-embed url=”https://drive.google.com/a/upchurch.org/uc?id=0B8oSAR_7BaDNVGtOUGZMU3o4Szg&export=download” title=”Your God Given Potential – LOVE ch 6.pdf” icon=”https://drive-thirdparty.googleusercontent.com/16/type/application/pdf” plain=”yes” style=”download”]
Each day this week, spend at least 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the evening concentrating on one of the piers of Love. Use the daily affirmation below during your meditation time and focus your attention on the Love center in your body.
Love is the pure essence of Being that binds together the whole human family. It is an inner quality that sees good everywhere and in everybody. It insists that all is good, and by refusing to see anything but good it causes that quality to finally appear uppermost in itself, and in all things (p. 61, 63).
Location: The Love center in the body is in the heart.
Sunday affirmation: Interest
Enthusiastically I seek to learn more about God.
Monday affirmation: Acquaintance
I seek out God in all persons, places, and circumstances.
Tuesday affirmation: Affection
A warm and happy feeling toward God is growing in my heart.
Wednesday affirmation: Attraction
Through the power of divine attraction, I am drawn ever closer to God.
Thursday affirmation: Love
I let God’s love flow through me every moment of every day.
Friday affirmation: Identification
I look with God’s eyes of love.
Saturday affirmation: At-one-ment
I am one with God, and God is perfect love.